Pages

Monday, December 1, 1997

Complications

Regarding how pumping and better control can improve or reduce complications:  My Ha1cs have improved vastly, and my kidneys are holding stable (whether this is due to the study drug, or the daily capoten or the pump, I don't really know).  As far I as know, I don't have or didn't have, any other of the fun things we can look forward to (I have had diabetes almost 25 years).  What has not improved is my eyes.  I went on the pump in Feb 93 and had immediate results in my A1cs, but my eye continued to bleed.  My doctors advised me not to go for 80-100, but tather aim for 100 -150, since really tight control tends to make the problem worse.  They also said that usually eye problems got worse, then started to improve after some time......I'M STILL WAITING.  

I had another round of laser last week when I was in Dallas (since I trust these NY doctors <g>.)  I had a bleed 5 days later!  I can just be sleeping (with my head elevated as ALWAYS) and wake up and have a nice black lace effect across my eye.  THIS IS THE FRUSTRATING PART!!!!!!!!  I've been "good" (isn't that not politically correct?  good vs. bad).  They don't have Bluebell here in NY and Ben and Jerry's is a RARE, expensive treat!

So WTF am I supposed to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

go on, say something. Don't just lurk and read my words!